Considering helping out? Great because we NEED you!
The KLMHA is fueled by volunteers who step forward and lend a hand. If you are interested in helping casually, part-time or more, please reach out. We need head coaches, assistant coaches, on-ice helpers and team managers. Hockey couldn't run without you!
How to Volunteer:
Simply submit your application. The form is here.
- Please ensure you complete and submit your application ASAP so we can ensure all roles are filed and qualifications completed in time for the start of practices.
- If you filled any of the positions last season, you still need to submit a new application for record purposes each season.
- Everyone who fills these roles for the season will ensure they receive their $200 volunteer credit back. It is your responsibility to fill out and submit the Volunteer Tracking Sheet in order for the Volunteer Fee refund to be processed. Click here for details.
Certification (Volunteer) Requirements:
All bench staff (on and off the ice) require:
- A Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Screenings (VSS). If you don't have yours, our register will coordinate with you to have one completed.
- Gender Identity & Expression
- Respect in Sport - Activity Leader
In addition to the above, please click here for the most current requirements from the NOHA to see the different certification requirements needed for each level, from U7 (tyke/initiation) and up to be a Coach, Assistant Coach, Trainer or Manager.
You do not need to re-do your certifications. If you have them, then you are good to fill the role. The only thing everyone needs to do each season is ensure your Criminal Record Check is still valid.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email and ask. Don't let unanswered questions get in the way of helping great kids have a great coaching staff.
Reminder: in order to receive your $200 volunteer credit back it is your responsibility to fill out and submit the Volunteer Tracking Sheet in order for the Volunteer Fee refund to be processed. Click here for details.
Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.